Friday 4 May 2012

Judge Not, Lest Ye Be Judged

For most of my life I grew up thinking that life was what God made it to be for us, that we had no control over anything, but only recently, as an adult, have I realized that life is what we make of it and we are only guided by God if we truly believe.

While the people in my life now are truly cherished there are those who I have met and passed judgment on me so quickly that they never even bothered to get to know me. Most of my teenage years and even now as an adult I have encountered people who think I'm spoilt, cold-hearted, stuck up or simply a bitch, but honestly they have no clue!

It is these people who have led me to stop believing that I can trust most people. I start relationships with caution and have found that I'd rather say the truth about what I'm thinking instead of constantly worrying "what if this hurts someone?"
The way I see it is: why should I? No one ever bothered to give me the same courtesy! Because if you honestly believe that I am anything other than what I say I am then you don't know me at all, you don't know the pain I've seen and experienced and you will most likely never understand me.

But calling me a bitch for saying it how I see it is, is okay with me, wasn't Jesus the one who said: "Judge not lest ye be judged"? Well I am sorry to say that if you judge me, I'll judge you all the same.

For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Matthew 7:2

No comments:

Post a Comment