Tuesday 24 January 2012

Dreams.

It's 12.30am and I can't sleep.
Today a co-worker asked me "what is your dream?" and I said "I don't have a dream" she then told me that I had to have a dream and that I would never forget that conversation.

In truth, I had dreams, but I let go of the idea of them a long time ago, because lets face it, those sorts of dreams never come true. Not for people like me.

Now my dreams are for things that I wish I could see in this lifetime but I know I never will.

I dream of seeing the day that cancer is cured. The day when time travel is possible, of the day I can go back 15 years and stop a bad accident from happening and being able to change the fact that my parents homeland was destroyed, something that still haunts them to this day.

I dream of being able to take away the pains of war, of living in a world where children don't go hungry.

I don't dream of things that others dream of, most people would of answered "I dream of being rich" but those people have never known pain and for those who have, I wish I could say "I dream of a world where pain doesn't exist," but if we didn't know pain how could we ever be grateful for its absence?

Isn't it how the song goes "we bleed just to know we're alive"?

No comments:

Post a Comment